Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Incredible Sylvia Allan

That day with Sylvia was absolutely incredible! I was so inspired by the stories that she told us and they inspired me to be the best that I could be and be the kind of teacher she was.

I am so glad that she explained in detail what is supposed to be going on in a morning meeting. I know we have done some in class but I wanted to know what precisely was supposed to be going on and some other ideas to do inside the meeting. The things that helped me were the ideas that she said actually worked in her classroom.

I am so glad that she showed me that morning meetings help build a community and a family inside the classroom. I feel that it is so important for the students to feel comfortable in the classroom so that when something happens they know that the teacher will care about them no matter what and will do just about anything to help them if they can. I know that I would have truly been privileged if I had had a teacher who cared like Sylvia. I want to be the teacher she was and I know that her stories will stay with me forever. Teachers can change lives and inspire others. I hope to do that for someone someday!

1 comment: